"Sea Waves" Mixed Media Art Journal for Art Foamies

 Hello Crafty Friends,

Very happy to be a Guest Designer for Art Foamies. I hope you will like this fairly simple tutorial. I chose this beautiful foam stamp by Marta Harvey, Fish Tessellation for an Art Journal page.

My style is always very colorful, I also like the whimsical universe and my creations often follow the seasons. Let's stay by the sea, here in France summer is still here!


Supplies project include:

Marta Harvey, Fish Tellation ,Foam Stamp

Watercolor paints

Distress Inks

Stencils

White Gesso

White Marker



I start by making the background by drawing waves that I color with watercolor paint in different colors. After drying, I use a stencil with tone-on-tone Distress ink. I draw a big line with the white marker to delimit the waves. I make a starfish with a stencil that I color, I cut it out and glue it at the bottom of the page. To finish the background, I splash some white gesso with a damp toothbrush.


I spray the foam stamp with a little water and apply different colors with watercolor pencils. I cut them out.


I add a little color with a light touch of Distress ink. I also pass it on the edges of each fish.


I place them on my page and adhere them.


I finish with a title at the bottom of the page and making a few circles with a white marker.


Some more details.


Hope you enjoyed my project! See you again soon.

Creative comMOONity

Marie-Christine

Commentaires